Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

Student Services



Attendance Information

Every Day Counts

Absentee Forms: 
Educational Enhancement Opportunity Request Form (EHO) 
Medical Excuse Form  


Attendance Policy- Absences and Excuses


No Pass/No Drive -  KRS 159.051 applies to every public and private school district across Kentucky and results in the denial or revocation of a student driver's license for any of the following:

  • academic deficiency which is defined as a student who does not have passing grades in at least four of six courses or the equivalent in the preceding semester

  • nine or more unexcused absences in one semester

More information about the No Pass No Drive can be found at KDE Frequently Asked Questions.




Attendance Works:  Advancing Student Success By Reducing Chronic Absence    www.attendanceworks.org


KRS 159.150.

Any child who has been absent from school without valid excuse for three (3) or more days, or tardy without valid excuse on three (3) or more days, is a truant. Any child who has been reported as a truant three (3) or more times is a habitual truant. Being absent for less than half of a school day shall be regarded as being tardy. A local board of education may adopt reasonable policies that require students to comply with compulsory attendance laws, that require truants and habitual truants to make up unexcused absences, and that impose sanctions for noncompliance.

Chronic absenteeism keeps students from succeeding and often causes even bright, capable students to drop out of school.  This process starts early in a student's educational career and builds momentum.  Students start to fall behind, feel defeated, and finally just stop going to school.

The Key Is Not To
Let This Process Start!

Parents/Guardians must express high expectations relating to school success and attendance.  It is important to foster positive attitudes about the importance of school.  Good attendance must be enforced and reinforced.

First Signs of a Problem with Attendance:

  • Excessive absences, excused and/or unexcused  
  • Resisting going to school, making excuses to stay home 
  • Poor grades/academic performance 
  • Being disruptive in school     
  • Associating with students who get into trouble 
  • Becoming increasingly defiant or disrespectful
  • Cutting classes/skipping school 
  • Failing classes  
  • Expressing negative attitudes about school attendance          

How Parents Can Help:

  • Make going to school expected, not an "option"
  • Praise and reward good attendance
  • Talk about positive outcomes
  • Remove avoidable excuses, such as no clean clothes, exaggeration of minor aches and pains, being late
  • Set reasonable, age-appropriate bedtimes
  • Purchase and use an alarm clock
  • Help student organize morning routines 
  • Reinforce student getting up and getting ready independently
  • Maintain frequent contact with the school 
  • Send a note clarifying legitimate absences 
  • Check student's report card for attendance
  • Keep a calendar and record absences
  • Establish severe consequences for cutting school


Homeschool Information  (taken from the Kentucky Department of Education)


Homeschool Information Packet  And Best Practices Document

The Homeschool Information Packet And Best Practices Document was prepared as a joint effort by the Christian Home Educators of Kentucky and the Kentucky Directors of Pupil Personnel.  The purpose of the document is to assist homeschool parents and Kentucky school personnel.

For more information contact Donette Gaines at 502-484-4009.


(back to top menu)

Parent Portal Forms





Beginning with the 2020 - 2021 school year, ALL parents will update their household information through the Parent Portal.  If you are a parent/guardian and do not have an account,  you will need to fill out the Parent Portal Agreement Form and send it to Rhonda Denny by email ( Rhonda.denny@owen.kyschools.us)  or you can fax the form to 502-484-5764 Attention Rhonda.  Please call 484-4027 for more information.


 Infinite Campus Acceptable Use Policy

Infinite Campus Parent Portal Agreement Form


Portal Information for Parents and Students                     


Spanish Version


(back to top menu)



 Student Enrollment


To register your child for school, please call 502-484-4027 to schedule an appointment with the District Enrollment Clerk. You will need to provide proof of residency such as a copy of a deed, lease agreement or a utility bill with a physical address, not a PO Box.  In some cases where you may be living with a relative or friend, there is an Owen County Residency Verification Form that can be used stating that you are temporarily living with them at that particular address.  This form must be completed in the presence of a notary.






Bus Stop

School Bus Routes





Kindergarten Registration

Please note that students must turn five (5) on or before August 1st for admission to Kindergarten.

What documentation do I need to provide when registering my child for Kindergarten?

* Social Security Number ( This is optional but will be needed for KEES money)

* A legal birth certificate or other reliable proof* of age and identification

* A current Kentucky Certificate of Immunization

* A preventative health care examination (School Physical Form)

* An eye examination between ages 3-6 by an optometrist or ophthalmologist, documented on the Kentucky School Eye Exam Form

* A dental screening or examination by a dentist, dental hygienist, physician, registered nurse, advanced registered nurse practitioner or physician assistant, documented on the Kentucky Dental Screening Form

(back to top menu)

Medical Forms



Health History Form

   Kentucky High School Sports Physical                         

    Spanish Version

   Kentucky Middle School Sports Physical

Kentucky Certificate of Immunization Certificate of Medical Exemption
Religious Exemption Certificate of Immunizations  
School Physical Form Eye Exam
Kentucky Dental Screening Form Seizure Action Plan

Permission Form for Prescribed   
or Over-the-Counter Medication  

Family Food Allergy Health History Form


Food Allergy Action Plan and Emergency Care Plan


EpiPen Primary Care Provider Authorization Form (Allergic Reactions to things such as Bees, Wasp, etc.)






(back to top menu)


Mental Health

Triad Referral Form
NorthKey Referral Form


(back to top menu)


Community Education


Volunteer Services Packet

Early Childhood Education​​​​​​​


(back to top menu)